Sunday, November 1, 2009

Right side of my mind




So this last weekend I bought a PlayStation and the Greatest Hits edition of Metal Gear Solid on eBay. I figure I got a pretty good deal, especially for the game. I got the same price for both items, $11.50. The game was in more-than-mint condition, though. There weren't even any fingerprints on the inside of the case. I don't think it had ever been opened. Not in 11 years. It was as if I had just got back from picking it up at RadioShack (they did sell PlayStation games in the late 90's, right?).

I kinda wish I had a girlfriend. It's hard to imagine why I don't when I'm so good at saving money and other 1337 skillz. However, it's also important to consider that I'm kinda terrible at commitment. Also, I don't think I'd want to spend as much money as having a girlfriend seems to take. Or the, um, not sure what to call it, but the following vignette might illustrate: One time, one of my friends who is a girl mentioned to me that she was cramping cos it was "her time of the month." Do you think I'd want to know that every month? No! Of course not! But that would be the kind of thing I'd have to hear, or so it would seem. Argh! Choices!

Well, it's off to bed cos of this sham called "DST." I guess I'll see you tomorrow. Or maybe not. Nobody reads this anymore.

Oh, and "in the air of freedom the flame grows bright." Just a line from a song.

3 comments:

miranda said...

In the words of my friend Raye, "Dot dot dot."

P.S. My roommate says, "Well, would you rather go through that every month?"

Just saying.

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

Rather do neither. However, experiencing it would actually allow me to relate better. Eh, life is life, and such as it may be, things are great the way they are.

PS I got accepted to University of Alabama with a full ride + lots of extra cash. I'm probably not going to go there, but I figured I'd point out anyhow.

miranda said...

Well, congratulations :D