Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Well congratulations!

I read this on the Inet just a second ago, and it made me giggle.

The problem with buying a package of cookies is that I'm torn between gobbling them up immediately, and savoring them. If I gobble them up, not only will I be hit with an immense wave of guilt, but they'll also be gone too quickly. If I wait, they run the risk of being stale. This upsets me the most when it's Milano cookies or Oreos, two brand names that almost everybody on the planet likes. Both my Milano cookies and my Oreos are now stale. I wanted to cry, but I couldn't find the tears.

Welcome to Shelf Life.

It was probably cos I thought a guy wrote that column until now.

Also, I'm exempt from Gummint. Somehow.

11 comments:

miranda said...

Mmm. . . cookies :D

melee said...

Wait, Artie. How did that happen? That's not right.

Yes. I heard the story about Mr. Pritchard stopping in the middle of reading out exemptions...

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

How did what happen, the cookies or the exemption?

melee said...

The exemption. I heard Mr. Pritchard said something to that affect in class...

I should have put it in quotations.

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

Effect.

And I get it now. I was right about to repeat the story until I realized the meaning of "put it in quotations." I wish I had taped what he said, cos the way he said it made it hilarious.

I guess it's ironic that he wrote "thanks for helping teach this class" in my yearbook when I slept most of the year.

melee said...

Ha, how many stories have I heard now about sleeping in his class? Many. And I might/probably have him next year.

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

Better learn how to sleep with eyes open.

melee said...

Or just twitch constantly and shake myself like a dog when I feel sleepy. If you've ever sat behind a sleep Garrett during a sleepy class you have had the show of your life.

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

That's something I'd like to see. But there's somethin' 'bout Pritchard's class that has a soporific effect. It feels like the day after I do a 36-hour day and I haven't eaten in like 48 hours at least and my blood sugar is like 0.

melee said...

Or you haven't been able to be comfortable for days and you finally find a comfortable surface and take about 3 naps in one day?

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

Not quite, cos that's more of a tired feeling. See, you actually sleep. I'm talking about something along the lines of zombification. You feel so out of it and it's really kind of hard to sleep cos you're so tired.