Sunday, April 26, 2009

Toshokan Sensou

I was glancing around my blog for the first time in a while. I just spend so much more time on the back-end of things. While I was perusing, I happened to see the little tagline that says "What's with all the kissing in the rain, guys?" That goes wayyy back in time to a German chick that I sort of knew. I found a list of "ways to turn your girlfriend on" or something like that on her Facebook page... profile... thing. HerSpace. I reposted it on my blog with a running commentary of why or why not the things listed seemed like good ideas. One of those was "Kissher in the RAIN!!!" (yeah, bad typography, similar to the original). I said something along the lines of "Dude, do what ya want, but kissin' in the dry sounds better to me." That started a huge paranoiac argument and I slapped the rain-kissin' tag on the headliner.

So I started to imagine what kissin' in the rain would be like. Kind of hard cos I've never kissed anybody, but I can try. I can feel like the water on my lover's lips as they brush mine. Same as a regular kiss but wet. Big deal. But I guess it must be romantic or something to go to all the trouble of risking pneumonia just to show a bit of affection.

I saw an albino roach the other day... and my mom bought a copy of The Host (which, I am guessing, is about a necrotic maitre d' who falls madly in love with an unassuming girl-next-door named MJ and almost gets his a... butt kicked by Spider-Man. Still waiting for the second installment to see the thrilling conclusion) and almost put it in the bag with my Navy SEAL picture book but luckily put it in the bag with my brother's WWI history book.

There's an entry in my diary that I'm especially proud of. Not sure why. Just am. I'm considering editing it for content and publishing it here.

7 comments:

miranda said...

So I went back and reread that post. Um. . . I disagree with a lot of it. It made me smile, though. I've never tried the whole kissing in the rain (and probably never will), but here's something else to think about: if kissing in the rain is so great, what of kissing *upside down* in the rain? Of course, I'll leave that one to dear Mr. Parker. . .

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

Gjtkhtk!

Dema, the Spider-man jokes are mine. Actually, kissing upside-down seems like way more hassle than it's worth.

I better get ready for another flamewar...

muffin godess said...

The Host? Pretty good. Yet I bet it's not up your alley, Rt. One thing about kissing in the rain, though, I guess it would smell good! I don't know. I like the smell of rain.

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

I was thinking about the smell of rain earlier. I was trying to figure out why my washing machine has a "light soil" option on it. I kind of reasoned that one would use it if they had been in the rain and thought that it wouldn't be right just to dry their clothes or they didn't like the smell of rain.

muffin godess said...

But the smell of rain is so lovely...then again, I actually kinda like wet dog smell. A bit.

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

I'm with you on that one.

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

And how were you able to do this at noon on a skool day?