Friday, January 9, 2009

Win7

I read this blurb just a second ago. I can't say how true it feels sometimes.

That said, the word "enhance" (as Jay uses it) reminded me that the only changes I've made to my blog, other than new posts, since I've started are:

☆ I've changed the tag line from "The life of a lonely hacker" to the much more arcane "What's with all the kissing in the rain, guys?"
☆ I've added a little picture of the NYC skyline as a reminder of 9-11 (see bottom of page)
☆ I finally got W3Counter to work (see bottom of page)
☆ I added a link to www.anti-dmca.org (see sidebar)
☆ I added a link to www.worldwidewardrive.org (see sidebar)
☆ I think I changed my little profile description, but I'm not sure.
☆ I also added a little tiny map of where my visitors are from (see sidebar)

I have not:
☆ Made any major layout changes. Granted, I've juggled a few bits around as I've added those links, but everything's still there and it's still in the same two places.
☆ Changed any colors, much as I've been implored to (red on black seems to bother some people)
☆ Changed the name
☆ Changed the URL
☆ Deleted it
☆ Changed the point

It just so happens that I've offended many people since I began this thing. Sorry, if you deserve it. Some people probably don't, but they'll never see this anyhow. It also so happens that I've totally neglected my comics blog. Sorry. I just forget to put stuff there. I've also got a dA account now, and I put a lot of my artsy stuff there instead.

Windows 7 beta comes out tonight. Who knows? Maybe I'll start a Panzer-themed Windows 7 blog. I wonder what I could name it.

How long have I been at this? Since Sunday, October 14, 2007. That's... about 1.25 years. I think.

2 comments:

miranda said...

RT, there are perks to having a blog no one reads, although I do understand how very discouraging it can be. I created my blog in 2005 and wrote for myself at first. It was my diary, in a sense, although it ended up being just a place I would post any of my written creations. Most of my posts were essays I had written for school. It was mine until Dahlberg found it. He was the only one who read it, but his reading it encouraged me to write more often. Even one reader was enough to stimulate my writing and encourage me. Just one reader; that's all you need to keep the blog going. You have a wonderful blog; every time I click on my link, I don't know what to expect. I'm always surprised. That's awesome. Please stop feeling sorry for yourself; you are amazing. Please don't drive your blog down the drain.

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

I'm not feeling sorry for myself. I'm just doing a little recap of what I've been up to.