Monday, January 5, 2009

I have enemies too

I AM wearing socks.

I AM eating Lemonheads.

I DO have a full bladder.

I DID NOT eat lunch.

I HAVE things that should be higher priorities.

I HAVE spellcheck in places you don't.

I WILL finish The Once and Future King someday.

I WILL become a famous cartoonist as soon as I get an imagination.

I AM NOT wearing my Chicago Bears sweatshirt, for it is too hot in my house.

I WAS surprised to have enjoyed Speed Racer.

I FOUND a 12-episode anime last night.

I ENJOYED the dream I had between 0630 and 0800 this morning.

I think people have sort of forgotten about this. Like nobody reads it anymore.

Hey, I forgot to eat lunch! I might go do that now and then read some. I'm thinking The Age of Ideology.

14 comments:

miranda said...

The Once and Future Kind is actually a very good book. We had to read it for English class in 10th grade. To be honest, it isn't a book I would have randomly picked up off the shelf on my own, and I am really glad I was encouraged to. I really enjoyed it, although at times, I mus admit, it seemed so ridiculously long.

Brandon Dahlberg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandon Dahlberg said...

"I WILL become a famous cartoonist as soon as I get an imagination."

I know that feeling well.

Brandon Dahlberg said...

My post ended up being published twice, so I removed one of them.

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

Well, normally I would only let one of those through, but one word was different, so I figured I'd let you make the decision.

ashleybee said...

You still haven't finished The Once and Future King? Geez.

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

When I realized it wasn't required reading, I put it back on the shelf so I could work on more important books. I totally forgot about it until the other day when I was looking for something to read while I ate.

muffin godess said...

Good book. The first third was the most enjoyable though. Two things that have stuck with me: King Pellinor and the Questing Beast and the unicorn's head. Glech!

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

You came back? Just kidding.

But yeah, it's a well-made book.

muffin godess said...

Yeah.

But really, I think the book really spurred my interest in...dark fairy tales, for lack of a better phrase. I love stories like that. Like the old fairy tales, the gruesome ones.

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

I remember an old Russian folktale the Lithuanian teacher at my old skool told us once. I don't remember how it ended or anything. I just remember someone slept on top of an oven and drank kvas.

Does Hansel and Gretel qualify? The Boy who Cried Wolf certainly does.

muffin godess said...

Cinderella, the little mermaid, pretty much anything Grimm.

You mean Baba Yaga?

muffin godess said...

About Vassa Lisa?

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

Shoot, I have no idea. It sounds familiar though, so why not?