Friday, December 26, 2008

I still haven't eaten all my Lemonheads?

It's been FIVE WHOLE DAYS since I last wrote one of these (these being coherent blocks of text). Kind of sobering to realize that. When I go on these short vacations, I tend to lose all grip on space and time. For heaven's sake, I spent almost all of Thanksgiving Break unsure of where I was. I think I went to bed early every night. This time, it took me a while to gear down to a vacationesque level of alertness. I started sleeping on the couch a week before exams in order to gain a head start of sorts. I guess it kind of worked. I still got a 97 on my English exam and a 95 on my math exam, and I still woke up at 0430 every day until the Saturday after exams (I was done with exams on Wednesday), but by Friday I was ready to spend every day solidly locked in to either electronic entertainment or cleaning duties. It's exhausting work being on vacation.

But since exams have ended, I've celebrated my birthday, my buddy's birthday, and my Savior's birthday. Another friend of mine had major surgery (and apparently survived, which is awesome). I got to watch a buttload of anime. Hey, where's the point in this? Why am I recapping what I did over my holiday? The major surgery's the only part that I haven't done every other Christmas break.

OK, last Christmas I made a list of all the stuff I got. I'll see how that flies this year.

-DS lite, black
-Guitar Hero On Tour (that's the DS version, I wasn't super excited about it)
-Civilization: Revolution (DS)
-Arkanoid DS
-Mechanic Master (DS)
-Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (Wii)
-6000 "copper coated premium BBs" (made in USA)
-Nerf gun
-the new Dilbert book (one of the heaviest books I own)
-guitar stand
-UV filter for my camera (doesn't actually fit any of my lenses)
-various doodads and diddlywhacks

Oh! And the cancer's almost gone from my family. One great-uncle got cured and the other is going to die of pneumonia instead. And why in the heck do I hear a frog or toad or whatever outside? It's December!

4 comments:

miranda said...

Nerf guns are fun. I am actually joining the Nerf Commando club at Bradley. They meet up once a week, form teams and play death matches, basically. It's loads of fun.

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

See, my problem is that I'm paranoid of losing my darts or getting them mixed up with anyone else's. I label mine and never participate in Nerf fights.

miranda said...

I don't have a Nerf gun, but the club has a plethora of guns and darts to borrow from. It's fun, if you can ignore your paranoia. :)

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

Paranoias can't be ignored, silly!