Sunday, October 12, 2008

Ooh, comfortably numb!

Did anyone realize that Smash Mouth is still around? I just found out that they are, and I'm gonna be major pissed if it turns out somebody knew and didn't tell me.

When I was a little kid, MTV wasn't polluted by crap like Crystal Castles. [Courtship Dating is one of the worst music videos I've ever seen.] It was still what I like to call "cool." I remember sitting on on the floor in my parents's room in late 97 (maybe early 98) and the music video of "Walkin' on the Sun" came on. That song, that video, have been prime forces in my life since then. I'll never forget the image of the band sprawled on the pavement. (And before anyone asks, I remember when "All Star" was cool too.)

I think later I'll write about my rock epiphany.

17 comments:

mle said...

I love Smashmouth! I think I knew they were still around. I (nerdalert) think I know all the words to All Star. So easy to memorize.

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

How is that nerdy? Knowing song lyrics is what life is all about. Memorizing every Pink Floyd song ever is one of my life goals.

ashleybee said...

You're making me want to listen to Pink Floyd now... like I don't do that enough anyways.

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

You know what I really wish I had memorized?

...action kids in play position
Rocket Power!

dema miranda said...

I liked Smash Mouth, but I didn't like Rocket Power. Of course, I didn't have cable, but I had seen a few episodes. I prefer Wishbone or Zoom or something SO MUCH BETTER. . . just saying:)

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

Wishbone? I remember the one episode where the bloodhound was drooling. It was so nasty.

mel said...

Zoom!!!!

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

That was a good show too.

mle said...

I know people (I forgot though) who learned, what, the hubba dubba talk or whatever. It was fun to hear them.

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

Hubba Dubba talk?

That reminds me a bit of you and your Bells.

dema miranda said...

UBBY DUBBY! ABAI LUBOVE UBBY DUBBY! IBIT MUBAKES MUBEE FUBEEL UBABSUBOLUBOOTEBELY SPUBECHUBAL SPUBEEKUBING IBIT EBESPEBESHABALABY WHEBEN THEBEY DUBON'T KNUBOW WHABAT ABAIM SABAYUBING!

. . . I'm a nerd. I know.

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

OH! Ubbi Dubbi, from Zoom! I know what that is!

mle said...

Yes! Ubbi Dubbi!

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

The misspelling just threw me off.

Anonymous said...

reallly!?!?
I miss smashmouth
I still have their CD too
and by the way, All Star is STILL cool. and sounds wonderful blaring out inside the tiny four walls of my dorm room.
nothing like a good air guitar to brighten a day!
-alyssa

Anonymous said...

ah wishbone, used to be my favorite show b4 cable.
I remember i was really confused though when they did a rendition of Pride and Prejudice, the fact that it was a romance with a dog as the leading man didn't click with me.
-alyssa

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

What's your problem, with, like, capital letters?