Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sockies!

You know, I really like drawing. I like to do little drawings of le petit prince on my homework and little drawings of machine guns on my tests. I like drawing Minoru Shiraishi on napkins and flowcharts on index cards.

It's sort of fun to draw. It's also sort of fun to write. I never actually realized that I do have a reasonable amount of skill as a writer. Well, until today. I realized that I actually can write and be cohesive and all that other important stuff. I always thought that because I never wrote "flowery" stuff like... forget her name, think it's Katie, I wasn't a real writer. I failed miserably at that big writer's competition. But I think it was really all in my head. I have something that I need to tell everybody. Now that I've learned how to tell everyone, I just have to learn how to look inside myself and see what message I have to share that only I can share.

I also like to dust my bookshelf and jumpstart cars. I like to eat fish and drink tea. I like to read biographies of scientists and madmen (is there a difference? Yes.). I like to adjust my blinds so that I can use sunlight instead of artificial light. I like to listen to jazz and heavy metal. I like to wear manly brown leather Wellington boots and felt caps.

Maybe I like poetry.

But not Birches.

12 comments:

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

And this is Post 80!

ashleybee said...

And everything you just listed is exactly why you're one of my bffz. :D

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

Whee!

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

And I also like to take pictures.

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

In fact, I take pictures because it's pictures.

dema miranda said...

Ironically, this proves that you're an excellent writer.

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

I guess that's sort of the big idea.

Blub said...

Rt excels.

mle said...

I remember editing your paper last year. You probably were disgruntled afterward cause I like to rip papers apart. Like Suzanne's. She went off into a second person tangent with a totally different subject 2 paragraphs from the end! Yours was ok, you just filled it with unnecessary details.

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

I wasn't at all displeased with what you did. Some of the details were necessary, being that most people don't know jack about that game.

Now I think you told me not to use military time. That's the advice I didn't quite appreciate.

mle said...

I wasn't gonna bring it up but...
I did tell you to not use military time in a formal paper. The tone was supposed to be light and psuedo informal and that was definitely not in the program. I still don't agree. (Probably can't do math.)

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

I just use it in everyday life. It's just what I'm used to, ya know?