Sunday, August 17, 2008

Crab battle?

I was getting ready for church this morning, and while I was putting on my suspenders, I noticed my copy of Rise and Fall of The Third Reich on my nightstand (yeah, yeah, so I'm not done yet), and this sort of began to boil in my brain. Almost like making instant ramen.

For people who are keeping score, I've got to say that there's a Golden Age for pretty much everything. There was a Golden Age of totalitarianism in the 1920's. There was a Golden Age of Free Love in the late sixties. There was a Golden Age of "crap we're gonna die" in the late 14th century. There was a Golden Age of bad fashion which began circa 1985 and is generally thought to have ended circa 2002.

Now, on a more human scale, there are high points (COMMENTERS! DO NOT MENTION THE COFFEE SHOP OF THAT NAME!). Personally, I think my high point of lying about brushing my teeth ended about the time I was seven or eight, maybe nine. I've hit my high point of slacking off and getting loads of crap I didn't earn (well, I hope that's not really the case, but I wouldn't be surprised).

I remember the time I used to spend two hours writing a blog post, and then one gay kid would read it and I'd have to delete his comments. I eventually got two more (semi-)regular readers. I mastered the art of saying enough without saying too much. I learned how to tell a story without divulging my identity or giving gender cues about my subjects (writers: it's a real challenge, but very rewarding; try it sometime).

Then I got W3Counter to work and constantly tracked my readers. How they got there, where they lived, how long they stayed. My posts got shorter, it seemed. Not that that's a problem. I just didn't pour my heart into them anymore. Maybe it's because I started keeping a real diary. Maybe not. It's not worse now, just different.

I'm sort of proud of this!

19 comments:

Blub said...

SO basically, less effort, more efficient, right?

congrats!

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

I'm not sure.

melee said...

You still talk too much. (j/k!)

No. really, you've basically grown into the phase where you know exactly how much stuff matters and how to let some things go accordingly, right?

Hey! I went to "the coffee shop of that name*" today! Starbuck's pure vanilla lattes are much better.

*you will notice that I didn't directly use the name :-)

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

I was actually admonishing Micheal about High Point. You're a bit less obnoxious about it, it seems. Plus you don't have a girlfriend there like he does. It's just that every time I see those two words together, I think of a mortuary and a coffee shop. No fun, eh?

I'm not sure what phase I'm in anymore (except Phase the First - The Maiden [ha-cha-cha-chaa!]), but any input certainly helps.

Blub said...

*Notice how I wasn't the one to bring up a cofee shop*

That being said, first, I doubt I've mention High Point for a long while... seeing as I haven't been there in well over 3 months.

Second, I'm not sure why you found it so obnoxious... that's like my finding your talk about a certain someone *cough* very annoying... which I don't.

People talk about what they find interesting... and may talk about it more than once, for that matter.

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

It's more the matter that you talk about it IN. Anyway, like I said, it's just I don't like thinking about a coffee shop and a mortuary at the same time. I guess.

melee said...

There's nothing wrong with dead people!!!!

(evil laugh)

Actually, one of the funniest movies I know is about a girl who's job is prettying up dead people before they're buried. Funny movie!!!

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

OK, nothing wrong with dead people. Let's call this whole thing off.

Mrs Phipps told me today that she found my post about the evil coffee cup I gave her.

Blub said...

You're not being very clear.

How's the manner I talk about it IN and how does it remind you of a mortuary?

Blub said...

You said she found that post a while ago?!

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

I said let's put it to rest, but there's a mortuary of the same name. I drive past it on the way to skool.

And she only officially told me about it today.

mle said...

hehe. You gots a teach keeping tabs on you.

(What the hey does "something about a shoemaker sticking to the last stick" mean?)

ashleybee said...

Wait a minute, why was Mrs. Phipps on blogspot in the first place?

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

Shoemaker sticking to the last stick? I'll look into it.

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

Again, posted in the wrong order.

That's what she asked me.

mle said...

I gots suspenders!f

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

We both oughta wear ours to skool sometime next week. And we oughta play each other at chess sometime.

mle said...

honestly: I haven't really picked up a pawn in so long, I really suck. I was never so good to begin with. Not one of those super analyzing types: I'm a yellow! But I do have certain games of Risk on my win sheet.

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

Don't worry, I was never particularly good at chess. no patience, ya know? I was in the chess club at my old skool, but after that I sort of faded out on it. So then we'll play Risk. It'll be harder to find the time to do it, but it'll be fun anyway. Plus I like Risk more.