Saturday, May 17, 2008

That breeze feels good; thank goodness for windows.

Check out this rock I found!

Today I had nothing to do. SO I cleaned my room. Then I skateboarded. Then I rode my bike. Then I went outside and walked around in a fieldish sort of area.

I started throwing large rocks into the pond from the top of a culvert. I was bored out of my skull and I wanted to go swimming, but I didn't want to go swimming enough to risk my life with the cottonmouths.

Well, I was throwing rocks into the pond (most of you chumps would call it a lake, but I knew this Lithuanian dude once and he would have called a pond, so it's a pond) in any case. In utter desperation, I sat down on the culvert hoping to see a neon knight or something else that could entertain me.

I started smushing ants with my thumb, and picking the ticks off of my arm. I looked down, and behold! there was a thing that could entertain me. I believe it's a chunk of variscite, but my mineral knowledge is a little rusty.

I need to go on a rock hunt soon. I might do that the next time I'm in the desert. Hopefully, I'll find the Ark of the Covenant.





By the way, I hate the image support in Blogger. It always resizes my images. I know how to hack around it, but then the images wouldn't fit. Sorry guys.

3 comments:

dema miranda said...

Not all of us are picture/computer experts like you, RT:)

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

Thanks!

ashleybee said...

That's very interesting. (Even though I know absolutely nothing about rocks.)