Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Pennin Manathai Thottu?

So last night I was sitting around bored, and I decide to look through my old bookmarks folder. Now I prefer direct URL entry to bookmarks, but I still have some.

One of the bookmarks I found was labeled "Why I eat at Bombay House." I like Indian food. I still remember the first time I had it. I was a little under the weather stomachwise to start with, but when I stayed at the hotel the next day rather than go out with the family, I still heated up some lamb curry and tandoori bread in the microwave. That was a day to remember.

Anyhow so in India they have really elaborate music videos. Even more elaborate are the movies. Full of huge song-and dance numbers, sort of like West Side Story or Hairspray or whatever (pick your poison). Thing is the song-and-dance numbers are much funnier to Western audiences. A freind of mine very accurately described it once as a whole village of Micheal Jacksons.

Anyhow here's the video.

VIDEO ON YOUTUBE!

Look at some of the other videos from India too.

2 comments:

dema miranda said...

My Indian friend invited me over one day to watch Indian movies. My family and I watch them all the time (with Arabic subtitles...which is interesting). They are like whole villages of Michael Jacksons, but it is always fun to watch. I like the "Punjabi" one. I haven't seen it in a long time (5-6 years). Good song:) And I went on Saturday to my friend's graduation party: all night they played music videos projected from a computer onto a big screen. It was very interesting. I'm glad I'm not the only non-Indian person who likes Indian movies/music videos:)

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

Mmmm. Curry still can't be beat. It's definitely not for the weak, though.