Monday, May 12, 2008

I think that's disgusting.

She took the cup. I can't believe she took the cup.

OK, so here's the lowdown. I'm rooting around in all the castoff junk from the graduates (hey, a dollar!), and I find a stainless steel coffee travel mug thing. Now, I don't drink coffee, but I kept it anyhow because I figured it would come in handy. One kid even challenged me to build a bomb with it.

So, I took it to homeroom and opened it with two of my close friends watching. It obviously hadn't been cleaned in several months. The outside of the lid had coffee residue all over it. The inside had what looked like pencil shavings floating in thinned-out maple syrup at the bottom, with some sort of pancake or mushroom or something stuck near the top.

Today I decided to give away some of my junk. I put two airline barf bags, two microwave popcorn thingies, a case of black-market cocoa, some other black-market food, the coffee cup, and a sign labeled "FREE STUFF" on top of my locker this morning.

By lunchtime it was all gone.

I tried to find out who took it (one person said she was going to take the cocoa if it was left at the end of the day, but someone else got it first; I found the still - full box on top of my locker later, apparently replaced by the one who took it; an hour later, and it was gone again. I wonder if that same girl did get it in the end), but to no avail.

At the end of the day, I walked into that one classroom. I saw the cup! She had taken it. I'm going to laugh at her secretly for the next two years or so.

If you can guess who it was that took the mug you win the contest.

7 comments:

dema miranda said...

Was it Melora?

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

Nope. She knew from the start that the cup was contaminated.

Guess again. And Micheal, don't spoil it for her.

dema miranda said...

Hmm...was it Catherine?

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

Nope. Try again.

dema miranda said...

Ashley Benham?
Karley Harris?
Ashley Ragland?
Hannah Stone?

Is she in 10th grade?

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

Nope. None of them. It was Janelle Phipps.

dema miranda said...

That's funny. I was going to reprimand you for laughing at someone for something like this, but this really is funny! :)