Thursday, May 22, 2008

I floated lonely as the night!

Today, I was a stand-up comedian.

To me, there's no higher goal than humor. I mean, it's been around since Creation. If God can make asses talk, it can't be all that bad to be funny.

Now when I say funny, I mean funny. Not gimmick funny, more like things that can only be said once. Things like YOU JUST WANT THE BALL SO BAD. Things like MORE GAMES!

I don't like a lot of the crap that's on television these days. I hate all the poop jokes. I hate the sacrilege. I hate Family Guy. I'm not a big fan of the dudes they have on Comedy Central, read: Carlos Mencia and that fat dude that I saw on the TV in that greasy motel room.

I like jokes that make you think. I'm not talking jokes about politicians (even though that Bruce Tinsley guy is hecka funny). I'm talking jokes that are extensions of the universal human spirit (Jim Casy anyone?), jokes that reveal something basic, jokes that draw our attention towards ourselves. Make us see ourselves for what we really are, and really can be.

Jokes that make you smile.

5 comments:

ashleybee said...

I promise it's been a whole year since I've laughed as hard as I did today. I mean really, my head starting pounding during 6th period. Thank you for funny moments. :D

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

Oh, it's the least I can do. I hardly ever help society in any other way.

Actually, I totally forgot about 6th. I was talking about Study Hall. Nuts, man. I even had that one freshman girl laughing.

Anonymous said...

What happened during Study Hall? Now I'm curious.

Mle

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

I did stand-up!

I started out with the inkblots of all the teachers that I made in fifth period (I believe that's what Ashley means). Then I went to telling plain-ole straight-up Jokes. I had some good stories up my sleeve, and the brownies Pip made sure gave me enough energy to give a rousing performance. It was really awesome.

Jellyfish said...

Call in to the Niggghhttt!