Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Everyone else does it.

(Before we get started, these weird titles are starting to confuse even me.)

I think I've done well this year.

I certainly did better than last year. I was way happier. I worked a lot less and got way better results.

At the beginning of the year, there's always people who tell you to write down your goals. I always find that mine are strange. It's always keep up the good work. Never do something better. Never do something new. It's just survive. Not that it hasn't worked well for me. I can certainly say that I've gotten way more mileage than anybody has a right to out of goals like that.

I was at a party this afternoon. I was doing the usual, telling all my funniest stories about how I got emphysema from consuming enough cigarette smoke in one hour to be the equivalent of smoking two packs a day for the rest of my shortened life. Anyhow, there was a shim serving pizza, and we got to making fun of it. Somehow that led us to compare wallets. I was having fun with the fortune cookie slip "Confucius say: lovers in triangle not on square," and I found a folded up index card.

GOALS 2007-08

Finish reading Old Testament (not done, I just read Isaiah a million times)
Finish learning German (not enough time)
Do good in skool (one of those aforementioned null goals)
Get a 5 on the APUSH exam (I dunno what I got, but I think I did good)
Not go on strike (done!)
Build/buy a three-stage coil gun with integrated laser sight (nope)

That's what I wanted to accomplish in the last 10 months. That's a load of bilge.

I did get a lot more done than that. I lived a full life. I took risks. I didn't get eaten by a Chips Ahoy! cookie. I fixed my computers like a million times. I traveled the world. I told awesome jokes. I made new freinds. I still refuse to spell freinds properly though. I suffered through all sorts of weird weather. I mowed the lawn after sundown. I fished. I hunted. I walked. I walked loads. I smiled! even though my teeth need to be flossed.

Hm. I'll go floss my teeth then.

Hey, ten minutes at a time, kid.


Edit: Since it's quite fashionable this season, anonymous posting is now available here too!

7 comments:

ashleybee said...

I'm very proud to say that I've gotten to know you this year. I really hope we become closer, though. You always brighten my day! :)

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

We've known each other a long time, but still, we've gotten even closer this year. I reciprocate your sentiments.

dema miranda said...

I am so glad to see you at your brightest, RT. I am glad to call you one of my friends. I am calling you this summer, and we are doing something whether you want to or not:) I am really glad I have this blog web to keep in touch with you. I hope you find more happiness as you continue your trek through life. You are a wonderful person, and I am proud to call you one of my friends.

Anonymous said...

The Blogging Bandit Strikes again after three tries!

Anonymous Always,

anonymous (flourish)

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

Well Dema, I'll be traveling quite a bit over the summer. So if you want to do something, might as well do it this next week. I wanted to do something this Friday afternoon, but as I've since been notified, you will be unable to attend (and I am very saddened).

dema miranda said...

I really wanted to when I found out about it, and I was just as saddened by the fact I could not join you. Have fun whatever you do, and don't be too wild:)

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

Turns out the Blogging Bandit isn't going, so we canceled and Josh and I are just going to see a movie instead.