Monday, April 28, 2008

A Cartoon. Epic.

Yeah, I decided to post another one of my cartoons. I notice that my output isn't as prolific as it used to be, probably because The Original Adventures of Foo Mankoo the China Man, while popular, was destroyed in a freak accident. I was working on The New Adventures of Foo Mankoo the China Man and His Gang for like two years, and lots of people liked those, but it started to feel a bit like Hanna-Barbera with all my cartoons being just remixes of each other. Plus the notebook I was using to source The New Adventures is in such bad repair that I'd have to scan all the old bits of stuff and go digital, which wouldn't be such a bad thing. I might do that this summer.

I remember the one with Freiherr Kaiser and me in it. I don't think I ever gave that one a series title. It was pretty good, except I used the same ending for every strip. I was in a weird mood the whole time I was doing that comic. Thus I had a weird expression in every strip. I don't think I got the punch lines out in a way that most people would have thought was funny. All of the jokes in that series were aimed at cartoonists anyhow. And the multilingual thing certainly didn't make it any more accessible.

I might bring Freiherr back as a hero in a new series. I'll give it a name and all. I'll come up with a new villain, more dastardly by far than Lao Che. It would help if I could find some old Freiherr Kaiser originals first.

Bitterness is never a good thing to have in cartoons. I know that firsthand.

This reminds me of the "Heroes of Terrorism" worksheet / coloring page I tried selling to little kids a few years ago. It was a great idea, but it didn't catch on because little kids don't know the difference between Adolf Hitler, Benito Mussolini, and Fallout Boy. GOODNESS those guys are terrorismifying. ouagohaog. men do not wear makeup.

Anyway, here's a link to the comic. The chick isn't a real person, just a generic because I can't draw girls and I'd feel insulting to botch the picture of a real person or put words in a real person's mouth, and we all know that I never insult people. But she really is just a generic.

Sorry about the impossible handwriting and the nerd humor.

Hey, lookie there, I had a post title that actually made sense.

I was going to try something new and put a signature on the post, but I remembered that that would both compromise my anonymity and pose an ID-theft risk.

On da radio:
Girls on Film - Duran Duran

1 comment:

Jellyfish said...

FOO MAN KOO! FOO MAN KOO!

Man, that was one of the highlights of 8th grade. He should return.