Monday, December 10, 2007

Technological warfare quote

One of my favorite quotes is a quote by Bruce Simpson.

"In the 21st century, technology plays no favorites -- technology is the slave of anyone who chooses to master it."


He wrote this in an article discussing the feasibility of terrorists building and launching a pulsejet-based ballistic missile. Of course, it's totally possible to build one, I mean, I know how to build a FREAKING NUCLEAR WEAPON right off the top of my head, so it's inconceivable that there isn't someone out there with my talents who's completely turned to the dark side.

But is it really worth it? No. Explosives really aren't the most efficient way of killing many people. Toxic gas is. Or biotoxic agents, it really depends on the desired effect.

But either way, no matter how much we try, the only way to beat our enemies is to be more cunning and subtly dangerous than they are.

3 comments:

the*inaudible*unique said...

True. True. Love the sarcasm:)

CPM studios said...

Technology is the golden fruit of warfare.I mean,you'd be seeing us still wielding muskets and your common .50 to .80 inch flying bullets in the 14th century weapon. Japan and America are one of the major contributors in the gun industry.And without technical advances in field weapons,your little time bombs or the AK assault rifle would of never existed.Let's just strap a rocket launcher and three shotguns into one hybrid for pete's sake!

RT (Panzer Time!) said...

That's not what I'm saying at all. Besides, I'm trying to save some money to buy a modern muzzleloader rifle.