Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas

I just learned a new alphabet. It's the Elder Futhark runic script, and was used by Germanic tribesmen for several centuries.

It'll come in handy someday.

If anybody wants to get me a present for Christmas or my birthday (doesn't really matter which), I'd like an English translation of the Koran. I came across a copy of one today, and the binding was beautiful. The script was too, but I can't read Arabic, so, I'd like an English version.

It'd just be neat to have, eh? I'm sure it makes good reading, full of pearls of wisdom.

2 comments:

CPM studios said...

The Koran English Translation?I read that the christian bible is being translated into the lolcats language.I am both fascinated by Islam and Buddhism and their pacifism.I'll try scouting for one at the book store nearby.

the*inaudible*unique said...

They do have some available at book stores. Dahlberg and Shockles each have a copy of the Koran in English.